Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Our future politicians!

Good job to the following students who presented some pretty good points and used some persuasive techniques!

Jaelin, 2nd period
If I were to run for school president, I would try to use Ethos, Pathos, and Logos to make my writing better. I would also use a rhetorical question, such as "Why would I be a good school president?" I would follow that with something logical, showing why I would be a good school president. "I would be a good school president because I work hard and would try to make the school a better place" would be a logical sentence about why I should be chosen. I could also use emotion and say something like "I've wanted this job for years, and my family would be disappointed if I didn't become school president." I could also make myself look good by saying "I would be a good school president because I do all my work on time and will help others."

Jeffery, 1st period
I should be school president because I will provide excellent hallway service providing safe passage in a jammed up hallway. I will change how long we can stay outside. I will have a whole period dedicated to finishing any missing assignments and socializing with friends. I will allow all electronic devices in the cafeteria during the lunch period. I would make the best school president over all the other candidates because I actually care about the student body.

Sarah, 3rd period
Ethos: "I should be your president because I am in the Beta Club, and I have fed the Homeless. I have also worked at Feed the Children's Home."
Pathos: "I would care for you and help you with any need that you have. I would stop in the middle of the hall and pick up the books that you have dropped. I would stop and pick up trash around the school!"
Vote for me!

Samuel, 2nd period 
If you vote me as class president, you will be trusting the hands of a reliable, honest, and hardworking student who knows right from wrong. You wouldn't trust a criminal or a drug-dealer, would you? I promise you I'm not any of those things, and never will be, and I'm sure the school will thank you in return for making me your class president.

Kaylea, 6th period
VOTE FOR ME!
I should be your school president! I make good grades, I never get in trouble, and I have some good ideas to turn this schools around. Do you, the student body, want to be heard? Well if I was your school president I would make sure to do everything to please the students. All students have at least one idea to make this school a better place. I would create a club to help the less fortunate. If you do not vote for me you could be hurting a kid in need. I would also seek into better school lunches, work on getting newer books in the library, and make students more involved. I should be school president for these reasons and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment