Monday, April 11, 2016

Interview Format

Name: Kaitlyn Benavides

Date of Interview: Monday, April 11th

Location of Interview: Rutherford MedPoint Clinic

Interviewee: Dr. Michael Richardson – A resident MD. Graduate of Vanderbilt. He has worked with MedPoint for three years, particularly in the field of Pediatric medicine. 

BENAVIDES: Do you remember a distinct moment when you realized you wanted to be a doctor?

RICHARDSON: I was an athlete and an accident prone kid. I was always in and out of the doctor’s office for everything from a broken wrist to a fractured toe. I loved visiting my pediatrician’s office because he made me laugh and feel at ease. I always left feeling better than I arrived. I wanted to do the same when I grew up.

BENAVIDES: Do you find that you treat a lot of sports injuries in young people?

RICHARDSON: I get a great deal of head injuries in a variety of sports which concerns me as a pediatrician. Kids are way too young to be dealing with brain trauma.


BENAVIDES: How is your job unique from a regular doctor?

5 comments: